My Life as Rachel

visual sociology blog

Wandering Eyes

Filed under: Uncategorized — rachelhymowitz at 7:19 pm on Saturday, February 20, 2010  Tagged

As I impatiently awaited my arrival to Penn Station with one of my best friends, Amber, I decided to observe our train ride.  Not a bad way to kill time might I add.  A voice comes over the loud speaker, clearly automated, stating “This is the train to Penn Station.”  Also flashing directly in front of me in red reads ‘THIS STATION IS PENN STATION’. Finally, almost there.  The conductor walks by but does not clip our tickets just moving from cart to cart i’d guess.  I never realized how bright trains are at night especially.  I like the newer trains so much better there’s just something clean about them compared to the old ones.  The Seats also make the train brighter with the blue and light green leather, if it’s safe to call this leather.  Such odd colors for a train wouldn’t you think train seats would be like, black? I don’t know something dull.  There’s something very eery about entering the long dark tunnel as we descend into Penn Station, I hate when my ears slightly pop.  The dark tunnel does make for taking a cool picture, such as the one I chose to post.

3

antonia

March 15, 2010 @ 2:37 pm

Well done!

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.